Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Remembering Eric McKee

I'm no poet, but this comes from the heart:

Lord, I hope You are happy.
I see no reason You would not be.
You see, it is ten years to the day
That You took my son from me.

 I am sure You had Your reasons--
Reasons I can not understand.
You took him without asking,
Ending all the things he had planned.

 No, it was not an accident;
It was the PNH disease.
I remember I begged You to spare him.
I begged and begged on my knees.

 The world lost a great man
That day Eric drew his last breath.
He had so much of himself to give;
But his giving ended with his death.

 He was such a joy here on Earth;
So I hope You can truly see
The wonderful husband, father, brother, son
You took from his wife, his child, his sister,
                                                            And me………….

Please visit www.pnhdisease.org for more information about PNH.

No comments:

Post a Comment