Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Boston Marathon

Yesterday's Boston Marathon ended in tragedy; I'm sure everyone agrees. Lives lost and bodies maimed because of the senseless act of someone placing bombs at key locations. My heart goes out to all those who suffered an injury and to those who lost a loved one. I'll pray for all of you, hoping that you will heal mentally and physically.

But I have to say this:

There is one silver lining that comes out of every tragic, senseless attack on the United States. It is simply this: We come together. We are not Democrats or Republicans, Black or White, Gay or Straight. Oh no! WE ARE AMERICANS! Americans standing strong--together. With every violent act of terror aginst our country, heroes emerge. People like you and me--going out of their way to help each other--save each other. It's times like these that I am so proud to be an American.

KUDOS to all of the heroes, and KUDOS to those who stood next to them--all for one and one for all.

AND GOD BLESS THE USA!!

2 comments:

  1. Very lovely thoughts Carole! My heart goes out to America and all those affected by this bombing and other acts of terror. I pray god keep everyone safe and they receive healing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carole, GREAT post! You NAILED America! United we stand and stand strong!!!!!

    ReplyDelete